Is Keller Media the Right Agency For You?
Did you know that the #1 reason most authors get rejected by most agencies is because the author pitched a genre of book that agency does not represent?
We ONLY represent nonfiction books intended for adults.
We WELCOME book ideas in these subject areas:
- Business (sales, management, marketing, leadership, entrepreneurship, career building or finance)
- Self-Help and Psychology (parenting, relationships, diet, feel better, improve your memory, grief recovery, effective studying, get happier, stop worrying, overcome abuse, etc.)
- History (all countries, epochs, events and civilizations – strong personal interest area for Wendy)
- Science & Nature (NOT including memoirs by or about your pet)
- Popular Culture and Current Affairs (selectively)
- Health (NOT personal stories of illness, recovery or care giving)
- Politics (your impeccable high-level credentials are mandatory)
- Inspirational and Metaphysical (highly selectively)
- How-To (most subjects welcome)
- Reference and Compendiums
Please DO NOT send hard copy manuscripts or your self-published book without an invitation to do so! We recycle them unread.
We do not represent:
- Fiction of any kind
- Juvenile (no books intended for children or young adults)
- Your life story, memoir, autobiography or fictionalized autobiography
- True crime or any books written by incarcerated people
- Books focused on Christian, Jewish or Muslim readers
- Personal stories about your spiritual journey (unless you have +50,000 verifiable, active followers)
- Personal stories about how you survived any kind of abuse, addiction, mental or physical illness or what it was like to care for someone who did – unless you have an MD, a PhD and/or an active therapy practice
- Gritty books about war, violence (especially against women), or extreme human cruelty. No hate-mongering
- Books that have been channeled by animals, aliens, plants or dead people. This applies even if you really believe you hear from (or are) Jesus, Mother Teresa, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Williams, Ernest Hemingway, etc.
If you send us any of the above, you won’t hear back from us. We’re not rude. You’re just not paying attention, which is decidedly unprofessional of you.
Want to discover what we’re thinking about while we consider your book? Click here to see our screening criteria.