Is Keller Media the Right Agency For You?
Did you know that the #1 reason most authors get rejected by most agencies is because the author pitched a genre of book that agency does not represent?
We ONLY represent nonfiction books intended for adults.
We WELCOME book ideas in these subject areas:
- Business (sales, management, marketing, leadership, entrepreneurship, career building or finance)
- Self-Help and Psychology (parenting, relationships, diet, feel better, improve your memory, grief recovery, effective studying, get happier, stop worrying, overcome abuse, etc.)
- History (all countries, epochs, events and civilizations – strong personal interest area for Wendy)
- Science & Nature (NOT including memoirs by or about your pet)
- Popular Culture and Current Affairs (selectively)
- Health (NOT personal stories of illness, recovery or care giving)
- Politics (your impeccable high-level credentials are mandatory)
- Inspirational and Metaphysical (highly selectively)
- How-To (most subjects welcome)
- Reference and Compendiums
Please DO NOT send hard copy manuscripts or your self-published book without an invitation to do so! We recycle them unread.
We do NOT represent:
- Fiction of any kind
- Poetry (at all, never, no thanks!)
- Juvenile (no books intended for children or young adults)
- Your life story, memoir, autobiography or fictionalized autobiography
- True crime or any books written by incarcerated people
- Books focused on Christian, Jewish or Muslim readers
- Personal stories about your spiritual journey (unless you have +50,000 verifiable, active followers)
- Personal stories about how you survived any kind of abuse, addiction, mental or physical illness or what it was like to care for someone who did – unless you have an MD, a PhD and/or an active therapy practice
- Gritty books about war, violence (especially against women), or extreme human cruelty. No hate-mongering
- Books that have been channeled by animals, aliens, plants or dead people. This applies even if you really believe you hear from (or are) Jesus, Mother Teresa, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Williams, Ernest Hemingway, etc.
If you send us any of the above, you won’t hear back from us. We’re not rude. You’re just not paying attention, which is decidedly unprofessional of you.
What is a Book Proposal?
Nonfiction publishing operates a little bit differently than fiction publishing does. Instead of writing the manuscript and then reaching out to agents with a query letter, nonfiction books start with a book proposal: a specific document including an author’s bio, chapter samples, and more. If this is news, or if you’re worried that your proposal isn’t ready yet, click here to check out our Book Proposal Workshop.
Not ready to show us your book?
Wish you had someone you can trust to talk to about how to make yourself more delectable to agents and publishers? Click here to schedule a time to talk to Wendy directly.